2012/12/14

How do I ended up at Nagoya University


Although I often use some religious words, I need to point out that occasionally the strength of my spiritual quotient itself is much fluctuated.

Great Blessing

Human in the world need technology breakthroughs to ascend their civilization to a better level. Technology breakthroughs come from inventions and researches. In favour of that, I expect myself to contribute to the world community by doing researches and making inventions, of course in technology field.

Since my childhood age, I have already had a great passion of invention. Both of my parents are teacher, making me love science and technology. Born in a family with high pedagogic motivation, I have an enormous desire to study abroad where the facilities are better in supporting researches. I also would like to have experiences of different captivating cultures all over the world, especially in a leading country like USA, UK, Germany, and of course, Japan.

Nagoya University (NU), as far I know from the brochure, and as the people say and know, is one of the most comprehensive research universities in Japan. Nagoya University's leading position in international research, due to its accomplishments such as the blue light-emitting diode invention, just makes my passion in invention of technology becomes stronger. Moreover, four Nobel Prizes gained since 2000 by NU make me want to take a part in Nagoya University's researches. Furthermore, Nagoya University's mission to foster research-impassioned people convincing me that Nagoya University is the most ideal place for me to continue my study. In other hand, the environment of Nagoya assures that NU provide comfortable study place. Almost everything is provided here in Nagoya area, especially related to my belief. And yes, it all makes Nagoya University the best University in Japan, I thought.

By the way, how could I get into Nagoya University Community is something that I myself still cannot accept sometimes. Even though I have been here for completely a month, I still have homesick occasions. I am not yet getting used to this almost whole new way of living. Language is the main problem. The way people communicate here is totally different, of course. They use the “Nihongo” language, Japanese for simple. On the other hand, my friends here seems like have used to English conversations, neither myself. I am not from an English-speaking country in spite of school learning I have been through. So, how could I passed the enrolment qualification, with my limited language ability, and eventually came here is such a very big gift from Allah SWT (God).

The occurrence of enrolment itself was not intended by me, generally. Suddenly, an institution had come to my school, offered an overseas scholarship. With all due respect to Nagoya University, I only wanted to study abroad, just as I explained before. I did not care to which university I get into, despite I did not know how to realise it. I only had a very minimum English ability, in my case the 6.0 band of IELTS. Moreover, I was not the best student in my school. I even didn’t get many awards. But in my vision I only knew that, I will study abroad, inshaAllah. And gratefully, it is realised, I was very grateful to Allah SWT; I could get into the best University I know in Japan despite I am taking time to adjust now.

Talking about the future, as a pearl forming process, something dirt and strange could become a very worthy, valuable thing. I am could be called a bad guy now. But I hope that after I entered this great university, in which I have to live apart far away from my family, I could learn many things such as independence, discipline and leadership as the outcome. Unpredictably, if I could, I would like to have the best grade, just to make my parents happy. However, continue fulfilling my passion, as I became one of the coordinator of my high school student organisation, actually I would like to be some kind of leader of many groups here, for instance the clubs. And obviously, in the following year, I would like to apply my knowledge in engineering, even with the little knowledge of myself, because of I am still in undergraduate program, if it is combined with creativity and teamwork, I am very sure that I could make something beneficent. Yeah I have to make something, invent something just as I mentioned before.

About the concrete and social-cutting-edge steps, maybe, I would like to hold an open technology innovation event and many other events; as I did in my high school age, regardless the scale, either it would be communal or local. I also want regularly make a science and technology bulletin and magazine, to influence other people to recognise the importance of science and technology in human life. 

No comments: